Basic Policy for Protection of Personal Information
Fukuoka Industry, Science and Technology Foundation (the “Foundation”) recognizes the importance of the rights and interests of individuals and has established the following personal information protection policy for the treatment of personal information, and all officers and employees of the Foundation will comply with this policy and make efforts to protect personal information.
Acquisition of Personal Information
The Foundation shall acquire personal information (information on individuals that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in the information concerned (including information that can easily be collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual)) (“Personal Information”) in an appropriate and lawful manner.
Management of Personal Information
- The Foundation will appropriately manage and securely protect Personal Information under the supervision of a personal information manager.
- The Foundation will take all measures that are necessary and appropriate to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information, or disclosure, loss, impairment and any other mistreatment of Personal Information.
Use of Personal Information
- The Foundation will use Personal Information only within the scope of the purpose of use, except as otherwise approved by law or ordinance.
- The Foundation will identify the purpose of use of Personal Information and notify or announce it to the individual concerned. If the Foundation obtains information directly from the individual in writing or otherwise, the Foundation will specify the purpose in advance.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Persons
The Foundation will not provide Personal Information to any third person without the prior consent of the individual concerned or unless authorized or approved by law or ordinance.
Request for Disclosure or other Treatment of Personal Information
If the individual concerned requests notification, correction or deletion, or other treatment of the Personal Information, the Foundation will respond to the request in an impartial and prompt manner.
- The Foundation shall appoint a personal information manager to appropriately manage the Personal Information.
- The Foundation shall conduct the necessary education and training to all officers and employees to comply with laws and ordinances related to Personal Information and this Basic Policy.
- This Basic Policy will be posted on this website.
Complaints Regarding Personal Information
The Foundation will strive to respond to complaints regarding handling of Personal Information in an appropriate and prompt manner.
Inquiries about Personal Information
In the case of any complaint regarding handling of Personal Information by the Foundation, it can be made to the desk noted below.
In addition, if you receive a suspicious email or telephone in name of the Foundation, please let us know.